Privacy and Data Collection
To provide you with relevant and informed psychological services, it is necessary to collect and record personal information from our website and all software used to operate our business.
Personal information gathered as part of this service will remain confidential except where:
- Failure to disclose the information would place you or another person, or the public health at serious risk of harm;
- It is subpoenaed by a court of law;
- Disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law (e.g., mandatory notification); or
- Discussed with Biinu employees for the purpose of professional consultation and supervision.
Where any relevant additional or medical information is sought from other professionals or agencies involved in your care where relevant (e.g. GPs, Medicare, or Private Health funds). Biinu will seek verbal or written permission from you, the customer, first.
Please note, if you are claiming rebates from Medicare or another organisation, your consent is assumed from the ongoing use of Medicare services. Liaison and treatment progress reports may need to be sent to third parties, such as your GP or Psychiatrist, as part of Medicare’s terms.
If you have to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we require at least 48 hours notice by phone or voicemail. Email cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellations made within 48 hours of appointments will be charged 50% of the appointment fee, with cancellations made within 24 hours of appointments charged 100% of the appointment fee. This Policy will apply to bookings made within 48 hours of appointments.
All other appointments can be cancelled using the link provided in the Booking Confirmation email. If the appointment was booked in person or via phone, the appointment must be cancelled via phone (02 7252 2860).
Customers who do not attend their appointment will be charged 100% of the appointment fee. This fee is to be paid by the customer, as Medicare and Private Health Funds will usually not cover such costs.
If an appointment was missed or cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances, please let us know as soon as possible. Any cancellation fees applicable will be at the discretion of Biinu.
Any cancellation or non-attendance fees must be paid prior to the provision of any further services from Biinu.
Session Length & Fees
All sessions are 50 minutes in duration. The cost of therapy sessions will be discussed and set out before treatment commences. Fees are payable at the time of booking, unless otherwise approved by Biinu. Payment can be made by Eftpos and direct deposit to our bank details, available upon request.
Customers who repeatedly incur late cancellations and non-attendance may have their appointments reallocated to other customers on the waitlist or their frequency of therapy reduced.
Sessions are kept to 50 minutes duration and will not be extended due to late arrivals. Full fees apply for late arrivals.
Switch Psychologist Promise
Customers who wish to switch Biinu psychologists should advise Biinu in writing. The Promise will depend on the availability of suitable psychologists nominated by the Customer. Your stored personal information will be made accessible to your new psychologist, per our Confidentiality conditions. Any feedback or comments made will be kept confidential by Biinu. Standard cancellation policy applies.
Our Refund Policy
Our pre–paid services are not refundable but appointments can be rescheduled with 48 hours’ notice, consistent with our Cancellation Policy. We do our best to provide customers with a professional service they desire. If you believe you experienced any faults with your service, please advise us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may investigate and remedy the situation.
Accuracy of Materials
The materials and information on our Site are not intended to substitute professional medical advice. Biinu does not warrant that any materials on the Site are accurate, complete, or current. Biinu may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice.
- Permission is granted to download one copy of the materials (information or workbook) on Biinu’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Biinu at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
These terms of service are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, where Biinu Pty Ltd. Is located and registered.